Monday, August 17, 2015

Jus cuz it fits...

DOES NOT MEAN IT LOOKS GOOD!!!
.
Soooooooooo I kinda had a waste-money-moment this weekend!!! There was this really cute shirt I've been eying for a while at a consignment shop, Turnstyle. Weeeeellll every time I have seen it and thought it was sooooo pretty, buuuuut whenever I tried it on it was TOO SMALL!!! Well this past weekend, while I was dropping off MORE clothes to consign, as they were looking through them...I was browsing...I know...BAD MARY...anyway, I saw this shirt was on CLEARANCE, 50% OFF OF THE ALREADY 50% PRICE!!! So I thought SURELY this was God telling me to try it on ONE MORE TIME!!! Soooooo I put it on and LO AND BEHOLD... IT FIT!!! I was like sooooo estatic I forgot to ACTUALLY look in the mirror and see if it looked GOOD ON ME...OOOOPS!!!
.
Soooooooooo as you can see in this pic below, the color looks really good on me....
Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuut...the way the shirt hangs on me DOES NOT!!! Its just kinda baggy and not really long enough for my frame...I did NOT like the way it looked!!! Baggy clothes on ANYONE over a size 6 is pretty much a NO, NO!!!
Buuuuuuuuuuuuut I really wanted to wear it....Sooooo I tried with a little belt today.... annnnnnnnnnd it looked CUUUUUTE...buuuuuuuut... it was super uncomfortable and the belt wasn't staying in place and cuz the shirt wasn't long I kept checking during prayer to make sure it wasn't up to high...sooooooo yeah...
 
Back to the consignment store it is going!!! Unless anyone out there wants to buy it off of me...Jones New York, 100% PURE SILK, size 22...if your shorter it may work for  you!!! Annnnnnd it still has the original tags on it, it was originally $89...yeah, so I guess the person that consigned it had never even worn it....unless they were like me and didn't cut the tags off so that the consignment store would be like, OH its brand new...buuuuut MOST people aren't like me and go to church with the tags still on!!! Heeeeey they were INSIDE the shirt people!!!
.
Sooooooooo the moral of this post is, ACTUALLY LOOK IN THE MIRROR BEFORE BUYING SOMETHING!!! And if your interested in the shirt, $20 bucks... email me at Maryfranceswriting@gmail.com
♥Mary Frances :)